Corporate Banking Team
Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlantic Capital Bank for fresh articles!
Kenneth W. Deere
Executive Vice President,
Director of Corporate Banking
Mr. Deere is the Executive Vice President and Director of Corporate Banking at Atlantic Capital Bank.
Mr. Deere has over 34 years of experience in corporate banking, primarily managing this function within the Atlanta business sector. Prior to joining Atlantic Capital Bank, he led corporate banking groups at Bank South, SouthTrust Bank, Fifth Third Bank and Wachovia Bank, where his last position was that of Commercial Banking Executive for the Georgia market.
A resident of metro Atlanta for over 29 years, Mr. Deere has served in various capacities with the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Cobb, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, the Metro Atlanta Rainmaker Council, the Center for Family Resources, Atlanta Venture Forum, Wachovia Bank Charitable Foundation, the Georgian Club, and Mt. Bethel Church - North.
Mr. Deere earned a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting from Grove City College in Grove City, PA. He became a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in 1978.
Nathan A. Hunter
Executive Vice President,
Corporate, Business & Retail Banking,
East Tennessee & North Georgia
Mr. Hunter is the Executive Vice President of Corporate & Business Banking for the East Tennessee and NW Georgia markets.
Mr. Hunter began his career with the Tennessee Department of Banking as a Bank Examiner in the East Tennessee Region, where he oversaw the safety and soundness examinations for close to 30 state-chartered banks. Since then, he has worked with First American Bank in Knoxville (now Regions Bank) in credit, loan review and commercial banking roles and with Third National Bank of Knoxville (now SunTrust), where he joined as Vice President in Commercial Banking and worked his way to Executive Vice President. His career at SunTrust spanned over 21 years, including leadership roles in commercial banking, real estate banking, treasury management, bank operations and retail banking. In 2007, Mr. Hunter accepted an Area Executive position with Pinnacle Financial Partners to lead the de novo expansion into the Knoxville market—a successful expansion which led to the hiring of over 50 associates and $650 million in asset growth.
In 2013, he joined FSG Bank to lead the commercial line of business on the heels of the bank's recapitalization. He established a new leadership and banking team in the Knoxville market and energized the Chattanooga market into record production years in terms of asset growth and credit quality.
Mr. Hunter is a native of Brownsville, Tennessee. He holds a degree in Banking from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. He has also completed professional development programs at the Louisiana State University School of Banking of the South and the Darden School at the University of Virginia.
John M. May
Senior Vice President,
East Metro Atlanta Region Manager
Client Focus: Commercial clients in the east Atlanta metro region.
Experience: 30 years of Commercial Banking experience in the metro Atlanta market
Education: Georgia State University, BBA
Affiliations: Sparrows Nest, Athens, Georgia, Athens Church, Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, former board member of Conyers-Rockdale Chamber of Commerce, former board member of Rockdale Youth Baseball Association
- $13 million senior credit facility to plastics manufacturer
- $3.2 million owner occupied loan to truck repair/fleet maintenance company
- $2.8 million owner occupied loan to fire protection company
- $750,000 senior credit facility to right-of-way acquisition company
Richard E. S. "Sandy" Bowen
Senior Vice President,
Client Focus: Georgia-based middle market companies
Experience: 25 years working in Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, and Middle Market Lending
Education: Virginia Tech, BS in Finance; Kennesaw State University, MBA
Affiliations: Our Lady of the Assumption; The Nine O’ Clocks; Capital City Club; The Breakfast Club; Buckhead Lions Club; Junior Achievement; The Atlanta Chamber of Commerce; The American Cancer Society
$10.0 million line of credit to a life insurance premium finance company
$20.0 million term loan to a leading mat flooring manufacturer
$9.5 million line of credit and term loan facilities to a leading commercial food service hardware manufacturer
$2.25 million line of credit and a $750,000 term loan to an orthopedic hardware distributor
$5.75 million term loan to a private residential hospitality hedge fund
Ashley C. Carson
Senior Vice President,
Atlanta Not-for-Profit and Business Banking Manager
Client Focus: Local, regional and national not-for-profit organizations, including membership associations, religious and educational institutions, charitable and service organizations, and foundations
Experience: 18 years of experience working in Corporate and Business Banking
Education: Northwestern University, BA; Goizueta Business School (Emory University), MBA
Affiliations: Midtown Atlanta Rotary; Agape Youth and Family Center, Board Member; Center for Working Families, Board Member; Junior Achievement of Georgia; Graduate of the Coca Cola Diversity Leadership Academy and the Georgia 100/Achieva Program as well as the Leadership Atlanta class of 2016.
- $15.0 million syndicated financing for student housing of a public university
- $5.0 million construction to permanent loan for a church in Atlanta
- $2.0 million owner-occupied financing for a non-profit association that utilized their endowment and real estate assets as collateral
- $2.2 million combination real estate financing and working capital to fund a development program for a local private school
Client Focus: Corporate banking for middle market companies and emerging growth businesses
Experience: 27 years of experience banking small and medium size businesses
Education: University of Georgia, BBA in Accounting
Affiliations: Construction Financial Management Association; American Heart Association; American Cancer Society; Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta; CureSearch; Clairmont Hills Baptist Church
- $10 million revolving credit facility for working capital financing for a Southeastern distribution firm
- $12 million revolving credit facility for a regional specialty construction firm
- $4.5 million in term loans and revolving credit facilities to a national telecom services provider
- $5 million line of credit for a large regional firm engaged in commercial construction
- $9 million in term and revolving credit for acquisition and working capital financing for a regional provider of IT services
- $1.2 million revolving credit facility for a global provider of investment management services in the timber industry
Client Focus: Providing tailored solutions to meet the banking needs of middle market clients
Experience: Over 35 years of experience in commercial and corporate banking focused on middle market companies. Prior to joining Atlantic Capital Bank, Mr. Jones held similar positions with SouthTrust Bank, Bank of Atlanta, and ServisFirst Bank.
Education: Auburn University, BS in Business; LSU, School of Banking of the South
Affiliations: Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce; Small Business Access Partners Certified Development Company, Board of Directors; Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce; HOA, President
Herman L. "Herm" Manderson
Senior Vice President,
Client Focus: Small to middle market companies
Experience: Over 40 years in commercial banking with Bank of America and its legacy banks, NationsBank, Community & Southern Bank, Regions Bank, and Fifth Third Bank; Started and managed commercial, government banking, not-for-profit banking and private banking units at Bank of America, Regions Bank, and Community & Southern Bank; Served as a Bank President for Bank of America in Valdosta, GA
Education: Terry College of Business, University of Georgia, BBA and MBA
Affiliations: Past Chairman, South Georgia Medical Center Foundation; Past Chairman of Valdosta State University Foundation, Past Chairman of The United Way, Past Board Member, Boy Scouts of America; Past Board Member, YMCA; Past Board Member, Boys and Girls Club; Past Finance Chairman of St. John School
- $30.0 million credit facility for a privately held agricultural chemicals business
- $20.0 million line of credit for a staffing company
- $100.0 million term loan for a major fast food restaurant business
- $10.0 million line of credit and term loan to a local manufacturer
- $25.0 million construction/permanent loan to a forest products company
- $5.0 million owner occupied building loan to a technology company
Charles S. "Chuck" Schwartz
Senior Vice President,
Client Focus: Entrepreneurial and family-owned businesses
Experience: Over 29 years of experience serving emerging growth and middle market companies
Education: Oral Roberts University, BSRepresentative Transactions:
- $4.0 million line of credit to a family-owned business
- $7.0 million real estate loan to a family-owned distributor
- $3.5 million line of credit to a German-owned subsidiary in the manufacturing industry
Client Focus: Atlanta-based middle market companies
Experience: 30 years working in corporate banking, including RBC/PNC, Wachovia/First Union and SunTrust Bank
Affiliations: Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce Fund Raising Campaign, earning a lifetime achievement award for fund raising; Graduate of Pathbuilders Leadership Program, 2009; Junior Achievement Volunteer; Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Fund Raising Volunteer
- $22.5 million term loan syndication to the healthcare industry
- $4.0 million line of credit and $1.0 million term loan to the construction industry
- $3.0 million line of credit to the construction industry
- $9.5 million revolver and $5.0 million term loan to the manufacturing/distribution industry
- $4.0 million term loan to the food distribution industry
- $4.5 million term loan to the golf industry
Client Focus: Responsible for originating, underwriting, and managing the Bank's syndicated loan portfolio
Experience: Prior to joining Atlantic Capital in 2012, Preston began his career in SunTrust Robinson Humphrey’s analyst training program, and later rose to Vice President while working in the corporate & investment bank’s Asset Based Lending Group. Preston is an experienced underwriter & portfolio manager in various transactions, including: Acquisition Financing, Leveraged Buyouts, Dividend Recaps, and Asset-Based Working Capital Facilities.
Education: University of Georgia, Terry College of Business (BBA)
Affiliations: Young Alumni Board Member (Terry College of Business); Peachtree Presbyterian Church; Piedmont Driving Club; The Benedicts of Atlanta
- $15MM commitment (Revolver, TL-A, TL-B) to nation's leading travel center operator & diesel fuel retailer
- $12.5MM commitment (Revolver, TL-A) to regional agriculture & industrial equipment dealer
- $10MM commitment (TL-B) to leading retailer of outdoor sporting goods & recreational products
- $10MM commitment (Revolver, TL-A) to leading aggregates producer
- $7.5MM commitment (TL-A) to market-leading flexible & specialty rigid packaging manufacturer
Client Focus: Small family-owned firms, lower middle market businesses, and not-for-profit organizations
Experience: Prior to joining Atlantic Capital in 2015, Chad was responsible for underwriting new and existing business opportunities for small and middle market firms at Nicolet National Bank in Green Bay, Wisconsin. He became a Portfolio Manager at Atlantic Capital Bank and was responsible for managing a book of business for three Relationship Managers. Chad now serves as an Associate Relationship Manager and is responsible for the management and growth of the Bank’s Business Banking portfolio in addition to growing the Not-For-Profit Banking line of business.
Education: University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, BBA in Finance and Management, Economics Minor.